Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, after being stranded in Florida for a couple of extra days due to the threat of Tropical Storm Faye, we have made it back home. We had a great trip and had lots of fun. And, for those of you who thought I was crazy for taking both kids by myself, I have to say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The plane ride home wasn't quite as peaceful as the trip there, but the kids did okay and, thanks to the grandmother sitting in the row with us who helped us out a ton, we survived! I think Abbey thought we knew her because by the end of the flight, she was hugging her and holding her hand. It was really cute. :-)


While we were in Sarasota, I took Abbey to the beach one morning. The water was really rough, which is not normal for Siesta Key, and I thought Abbey would be scared to go in the water, but she actually LOVED it! She was jumping in the waves and having a blast. Then, she asked me to take her in the "deep end" so that she could go in the bigger waves. I don't have a lot of pictures because it was just the two of us, but here are a few.











We also went to Sarasota Jungle Gardens one morning. They had a few shows to see (a parrot show and a birds of prey show) and you could just walk around the trails and look at all of the animals (mostly birds). There were flamingos that just roamed free. Abbey wasn't so sure about that part since they were taller than she was, but as long as they kept their distance, she thought they were neat. The best part was that Abbey got to hold a bird on her arm. It was a Sun Conure named Ci Ci. She was a little hesitant at first, but after Mommy held one and showed her it was okay, she did it and even gave us a big smile! Here are some pictures.



Abbey and Grandma at Jungle Gardens




Abbey holding a birdie!



Check out those flamingos






Did you know that parrots can ride bikes??



Other than that, we just hung out with friends and family. We saw our friends Sue, Dale, Cassie and Tori and spent some more time with Uncle Steve, Aunt Tammy and the kids. All in all, it was a great trip. I know the kids enjoyed it and as much as we wore them out, my mom and grandmother were happy that we came too. My mom even babysat both kids a couple of evenings for me so that I could have some "grown up" time with my friend Wendy. Thanks, Mom! Here are a few more pics to enjoy.

Aiden showing off his sitting skills for Sue


Abbey and Aiden's cousins Nicholas and Kara



Cassie and Abbey coloring with markers

Abbey and Kara snuggling and watching The Lion King (for the 15th time!)

Aiden sharing his famous grin with Aunt Gail

Look how big I'm getting!

Toga party!

Abbey putting bandages on the doggie's boo-boos

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babysitting my two grandchildren is a breeze. They are well parented and so-o-o-o CUTE!! We had a great visit and look forward to many more. I can't wait for Thanksgiving--I'll be in Texas!!
Florida Grandma

Anonymous said...

this blog is outdated, please update. lol
candice